Cookies Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
What information may we collect? We may collect, store and use the following personal information about you:
- Information which you provide us by submitting or completing forms on email@example.com (“Our site”) or other literature we send to you. This includes information provided when registering with us, requesting any information, registering for free calls, posting content, and completing any enquiry form. It also includes literature you may receive or download. We may also request information when reporting a problem with our site or any technical aspect relating to the site and its content.
- Information such as IP address, geographical location, device details, browser information and other software and device information. This statistical information is used collectively to identify browsing patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence relating to any contact you may have with or our site.
- We may use any testimonials you provide to us. We will however ask for your permission before using them.
- To help us provide a better service or for research purposes, we may ask you to complete surveys, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information relating to any transactions you carry out via our site shop, including purchase information including invoicing, collecting payment and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information for the purpose of registering with our site, subscribing to our newsletter and other services such as group telephone calls.
- Information for the purpose of running competitions.
- Any additional information you choose to share with us.Storing your Personal Data Transferring any data or information on the internet is never completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent either to or from our site and therefore any transfer is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How we use the information Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
- Your Payment Details For payment transactions we accept cash, cheques or bank transfers. We do not store customer’s financial details anywhere on our website, our database, or on any physical documentation.
- To offer you our newsletter and other information, offers, products, services and events relating to our business that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you (you can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing communication at any time).
- To ensure our content is offered to you in the most effective way.
- To ensure our site and its features display effectively across as many platforms and devices and possible.
- To carry out our commitment from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Complete any purchase via our site.
- To send general (non-promotional) communication to you.
- Send invoices and/or collect payments from you.
- To inform you about any changes to our service.
- Provide third parties information about statistics relating to our users, so as not to identify any individual user.
- To keep our site secure or prevent fraud.All sessions are conducted in the strictest confidence and will be maintained by counsellor and supervisor. Kate Rushbrooke is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abides by their code of practise.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:-
- Where the client gives permission for confidence to be broken
- Where the information is of such gravity that confidentiality cannot be maintained” ie in cases of fraud, crime, terrorism and where there is a case of “serious physical harm to others
- Where there are risks to children as defined under the Child Protection Act
- Where there is a risk of suicide or serious harm to self in which case I may need to discuss this with my supervisor but would always endeavour to inform you first.
- To a purchaser (or prospective purchaser), in the event that we sell any business or assets. (The data held will be considered one of the transferred assets).
- To recover monies owed.
- In order to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights, intellectual rights property or safety of our business. This includes exchanging information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, copyright or intellectual infringement and reducing credit risk.
International data transfers Any information you submit for publication or agree for us to use on our site and associated assets such as newsletter and download will be published on the internet and accessible from around the world. We therefore cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We may also have to provide information to other counties which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
Your Rights You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Before we collect your data we will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the data capture forms we use or by directly contacting us.
Access to your information You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you under The Data Protection Act. Disclosure of such information is subject to an administration fee of £10 and proof of evidence of your identity. We will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Updating Information If your personal information which we hold needs updating or correcting, please let us know.
Our site may contain links to third party or affiliate website who will have their own Privacy Policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updated 12th March 2017.